Morningstar’s Relay Driver is a logic module which provides high level system control functions such as high/low voltage alarms, load control and generator start. The product controls four independent relay driver outputs by reading digital data inputs from Morningstar’s TriStar controller or by reading battery voltage when used in systems with other controllers.
Data Control Input Options:
Connected to a TriStar Controller:
Battery voltage, charge/load current, battery temperature,
TriStar heatsink temperature, PWM duty cycle, PV/load voltage,
and all TriStar alarms or faults.
Used in Systems with Other Controllers:
Battery voltage, Relay
Key Features and Benefits:
The four channels provide up to four high level system control functions
at a lower cost compared to other alarm and generator start packages.
Each channel has complete electronic protections for high reliability.
The system designer may choose the exact relay needed for each
application including a wide range of current ratings and solid state,
mechanical or mercury displacement relays.
It is easy to program the Relay Driver with the included PC software via
serial RS-232 port connection. Data is stored in non-volatile memory.
The Relay Driver is pre-programmed with four commonly used settings.
Advanced Generator Control:
Provides flexible parameters to control one, two or three-wire
generator schemes and complete control of preheat, crank, ignition
Each relay driver output may be controlled directly by MODBUS
commands via the RS-232 for use with PLC’s and other industrial
hardware. Mounts to a DIN rail or a flat surface.
Displays power and status of each channel as well as faults and
data sampling intervals.
• System Voltage: 12 to 48 Volts*
• Max. Channel Current: 750 mA
Voltage: 2% ± 50 mV
Temperature: ± 2°C
• Min. Operating Voltage: 8 Volts
• Max. Operating Voltage: 68 Volts
• Self-consumption: < 20 mA
• Temperature Sensor Range: –40°C to +85°C
• Transient Surge Protection: 1500 W / channel
• Comm. Ports (opto-isolated):
(1) 9-pin serial RS-232
(2) RJ-11 meter bus
*voltage of user selected relays must be same
as battery voltage
• Reverse Polarity Protection
• Short-Circuit Protection
• Overcurrent Protection
• Lightning and Transient Surge Protection
Length: 16.3 cm / 6.4 inch
Width: 8.1 cm / 3.2 inch
Depth: 3.3 cm / 1.3 inch
• Weight 0.2 kg / 0.4 lb
• Largest Wire: 1.0 to 0.25 mm2
16 to 24 AWG
• Torque Terminals: 0.4 Nm / 3.5 in-lb
• Enclosure: Type 1, indoor rated
• DIN Rail Attachment: 35 mm standard
• Operating Temperature: –40°C to +45°C
• Storage Temperature: –55°C to +85°C
• Humidity: 100% (NC)
• Tropicalization: Conformal coating on both sides
of printed circuit board