All of our Backup Buddies can be charged either by AC power or as an add-on, by solar panel input. By charging your system with solar, you will start to recover the cost of the purchase and ultimately be generating completely free energy.
Our inverters are single phase pure sine wave inverters and are fitted with advanced protections and feature. Some key features are:
- LED or LCD digital display showing battery voltage, AC voltage and load output information in real time.
- The Peak Power is 300% of rated power
- Pure Sine Wave output, especially good for sensitive loads
- Battery charging with a 4 step charger from 20A to 90A (depending on the model)
- 7 Battery chemistry types to choose from
- High power factor of 0.9
- Automatic transfer between battery and lien modes.
- Protection against overload, over temperature, over charging, low battery.
Our batteries are lead acid 12VDC Gel deep cycle batteries with a generous life span of 1500 cycles on a depth of discharge of 50%. We use either a 100Ah or 200Ah battery, with a C10 rating.
Designed and made in RSA, the case is what defines us. Built from steel and powder coated to a range of attractive colours, the cases are what makes the system neat, safe and good looking. The case has a built-in AC output, DC disconnect switch, battery fuse and in some models, AC circuit breakers. The unit has been designed to be installed in minutes. Once installed, an electrician can connect the system straight to the DB board. Our smaller units can either be mobile or wall mounted
• Inverter - 1000W Pure Sine Wave 12V
• Battery - 1 x 100Ah Gel Deep Cycle Battery
• Output - 2 x SA Plug
• Wall mount or optional castor wheels
• Steel case
• DC Cut off switch
• DC Battery Fuse
• LED Battery Level indicator
• Easy installation